Today I would like to give you 7 tips on how to remember and motivate yourself to practice your instrument
1. Practice the same time each day: Not only will it be easier to remember, but the routine will make it one less thing to think about. It will become something you just do, like brushing your teeth. My fav times are first thing in the morning and before bed.
2. Keep your practice time short. Even 1 minute is fine & If you are enjoying yourself, hey just keep playing.
3. Keep your instrument out of the case and in view to help remind you that you play an instrument.
Also hanging your instrument on a wall will keep it at eye level and it is a great way to keep it out of harms way.
4. If you can’t find a regular time, write your practice times in your diary. You can also include things you need to focus on during your practice.
5. If you cannot get yourself motivated then challenge a friend, band mate or family member to a practice challenge. And who ever practices the most wins. Maybe the winner gets a prize or special treatment?
6. If you don’t have someone to challenge start a seven day practice challenge on Instagram, take a photo of yourself practicing each day, remember to include which day you are up to.
7. If you have a busy mind that likes constant variety, then always keep your instrument in arms reach. When you need time out from studying, work or gaming, this is the perfect time to play your instrument. Not only will it help to keep your mind active & clear, you will also improve your playing skill.
Till next time stay safe & keep practicing!